This service is for Carers who voluntarily look after their relatives, friends or neighbours who need help because of old age, long-term illness, disability or mental health issues. You may already be a Carer without knowing it.
Overall Aim of Project
To improve the physical and mental health of carers, along with preventing isolation and providing a learning platform to aid the support of the ones they care for.
Services provided to Carers
- Advice and advocacy support
- Information and advice support
- Language support
- One to one support – from assisting with benefits entitlements to advice and counselling
- Online communities through social media such as Facebook, Twitter and Wechat
- Signposting and referrals to other agencies
- Support groups
- Wellbeing, creative and social activities
- Workshops and health tasks
As a result of taking part in the Carers’ Support project:
- The carers have grown in their abilities in both caring and coping, as well as better able to voice and acquire more services for the people they care for and for themselves.
- Many of our carers have become regular volunteers at the Chinese Community Centre-Birmingham, made new friends and developed a support network for each other.
- The local services providers are more aware of Chinese carers’ difficulties and needs.
Carers Support availability
Appointment based: Monday & Tuesday 10:00 – 16:00
Drop in sessions: Friday 10:00 – 12:00
Urgent support: Call 0121 685 8510
For further information, please contact our Health Manager: